Monday, November 23, 2009

from the point of view of pip. Caricature by William Tang.

It has been quite some time since i have last been to this place. There i stood, at the gates of the house where i first met Estella. I slowly walked up to the door and knocked three times. The door opened and I was greeted by a stranger. His stature was neither short nor was it average. He was dressed like lavishly and had an air of dominance much reminiscent of Mr. Jaggers. His puzzled look urged me to explain myself. "I'm here to see Ms. Havisham." Then the man turned and called out to not Ms. Havisham, but Estella.
"Estella, a young man is here to see Ms. Havisham, what should i tell him?"
A few moments later Estella was standing at the threshold of the door. "Oh, it's you" she said. "Ms. Havisham is dead. This house now belongs to me and my husband here."
The man spoke, "Hello, the name is Jarvis".
I stood there, shocked and lost for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment